Saturday, September 11, 2010

Blackberries

"I love to go out in late September among the fat, overripe, icy, black blackberries to eat blackberries for breakfast, the stalks very prickly, a penalty they earn for knowing the black art of blackberry-making; and as I stand among them lifting the stalks to my mouth, the ripest berries fall almost unbidden to my tongue, as words sometimes do, certain peculiar words like strengths or squinched, many-lettered, one-syllabled lumps, which I squeeze, squinch open, and splurge well in the silent, startled, icy, black language of blackberry -- eating in late September." Gallway Kinnell, Blackberry Eating




Blackberry Summer

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Your spode makes for perfect blackberry dessert dishes. :)

Anonymous said...

I really need to make my recently received blackberries into something like that. Looks so yummy. Is it gluten free? Mom

Mon Cheri said...

Yes Mom. It's just a regular cobbler recipe with the flour sub. of "feather light flour mixture"