Wednesday, July 6, 2011

California Dreamin


Being with my Mom and Dad in California while my Dad recovers from open heart surgery has kept me away from this blog for a while.

My brother and his wife and and their daughter, who is home from college, live on a lovely piece of property with my parents.

The sun shone absolutely every day I was there!



I heart my family


We enjoyed meals together every evening. They love good food and are all great cooks.

Exquisite things to eat


The beautiful garden was in full bloom! Roses in every color, clematis, lavender, {blackberries for the above cobbler} lilies and other things too numerous to mention.

Mother's Garden


And the good news is that Dad is getting stronger every day! Miss you all!

3 comments:

Timi said...

So beautiful photos! (as always :o) )
I am glad your father is getting better!!!

Anonymous said...

We loved the pictures, Cheri. We miss you. Mom

Anonymous said...

The rambling old yellow rose bush is flowering, so we made rosewater. It's a simple procedure- all you need to do is simmer the flowers in water and collect the distilled steam- which then smells lovely.Tennessee Wholesale Nursery