Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Girl Who Keeps Chickens


In my opinion the girl who can manage a flock of chickens can probably do anything.


Her Flock of Chickens



For some girls, turning 14 can be complicated. But Ilex has no problem with it. (Having those chickens must contribute,right? to say nothing of a loving, stable family, Aunts, Uncles and Grandparents who adore her!)


Ilex-14


So for her birthday we added to her flock,
with some new chicks, (arriving soon by air mail)
that will, when grown, lay wonderfully pastel colored eggs.
Also a quirky sign for the chicken coop! (crafted by Shannon)

Project

Happy Birthday Ilex!

2 comments:

Molly Anne said...

I absolutely love the sign. I used to have chickens and I loved it!

But...chickens by air mail and pastel eggs? Say what now?

Anonymous said...

Boy, I'd even like to raise chickens if I could have a neat sign like that. Way to go Guys!! Grandma