Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Heritage

I have attempted all day to edit and frame these photos taken over the weekend but it wasn't to be. So here they are strait out of camera.
SOC


Mountains and stream of my Husband's
blissfull childhood memory.

This house was their family home for many years.
Once a stage coach stop from around 1870

Our weekend was spent with my husband's family at his childhood hometown in southern Oregon. Though his parents are gone, the tradition of laying fresh flowers on graves is as strong as ever and is carried on by the next generation on Memorial Day.



Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
love leaves a memory no one can steal.

~From a headstone in Ireland~

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Mom - Love, love the new header! That's exactly what I pictured! Great silhouette shots too!

nanajoy said...

Cheri....loved seeing the lovely home that John's parents lived in! The little house is so much cuter than I had pictured!! See you Thursday evening!