Wednesday, March 4, 2009

March Beginnings


"The afternoon is bright,

with spring in the air,

a mild March afternoon,

with the breath of April stirring,

I am alone in the quiet patio

looking for some old untried illusion ~

some shadow on the whiteness of the wall

some memory asleep

on the stone rim of the fountain,

perhaps in the air

the light swish of some trailing gown."

~ Antonio Machado ~
~
March ~ why does it feel like newness ? The air is different somehow. I step outside and I think~something has changed and I can't quite say what it is. The light, The smell, The particular birds I hear. Spring of course, but for me also the Month in which I gave birth to all three of my daughters. So there is a poignancy, a far away tugging of joy.
~
I will talk more about ' The Girls' in the next few posts.

No comments: