Thursday, November 19, 2009

Living Lovely--Savor Slow Food~Late

I think I'm over a week late on the living lovely challenge from Heidi at Mt. Hope Academy {savor slow food} but I needed Heidi's and my trip to Bob's Red Mill to get some ingredients for this Gluten Free cranberry bread. {That's my lame excuse anyway.}

I'm happy with the way it turned out, though it may not be quite as moist as the wheat version that I used to make. {see the recipe Heidi posted last week.} This cranberry bread is made from the recipe on the back of the GF Biscuit and Baking Mix package. In addition I added 1/4 cup more sugar, some grated orange peel and 1/2 cup nuts to make it a little more like the original recipe.



{Bob's Red Mill is a wonderful source for gluten free grains and mixes of all kinds as well as regular wheat and whole grains, spices, and all manner of yummy stuff!}

Cranberry Orange Bread

2 comments:

grandma and grandpa said...

I hope there will still be some left when we get there. Looks delicious!! Mom

Mon Cheri said...

Yes, Mom I made it with you in mind, of course. The recipe made what looked like one real large loaf, so I put some of the batter in a small pan :). That worked out well for me since I needed to taste test you know!!