Saturday, September 12, 2009

I Heart Faces~Contemplative



Have you ever been in a foreign city and had to study a map to figure out where you
were? When Shannon and I took a trip to France, starting exactly two years ago today, she was our navigator and planner. She did an amazing job, and I have many photos of her studying the map.

This one, however, is my very favorite! You can just feel the concentration! Can you believe that I managed to get this serene take, in the middle of Paris, with not another soul around? Who knew I'd be entering it in a photo contest....

This is my entry for this week's theme ~CONTEMPLATIVE~at *i heart faces*.




Contemplating The Map






This actually coincides nicely with the start of my travelogue of our trip. Come back for the next few days if you want to see France { Paris, the Loire valley, and Provence} from our vantage point.

19 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm ready for a virtual trip to France. Let's go!! Can't wait to see your new editing and photo collages!

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

Beautiful shot. Can't wait to see the rest.

Unknown said...

Wow. I think you totally nailed contemplative with this picture. It is perfect!

Carly said...

You are lucky to have such a great navigator. I have a ton of picture of my husband looking at the map too, but if you are the photographer, I guess it works out well that someone else is navigating. Great shot.

angie {the arthur clan} said...

What an amazing trip that must have been. Not only was the moment you captured perfect for this week's theme, but the processing on this photo is stunning. What an awesome entry!

~Angie
co-founder of I ♥ Faces

tiarastantrums said...

ha ha - I have a number of shots of my hubbie like that!

Yelena R. said...

How fitting! It's a great shot :)

tiff(threeringcircus) said...

A very fitting and beautiful photo for the theme.

MadeInCanarias said...

Great shot! Love the colours!

Melissa G said...

Very nice!
It makes me want to get out a map and go on a trip!

Natalie said...

Great entry and story too! Love the background!

Tatter Scoops said...

Fantabulous shot! Love the color tones :)

Amy said...

Absolutely love the post-processing on this shot and it fits the category to a tee. Great job!!

Annette said...

Oh, I like it. Great shot.

AJ said...

Awesome shot! I can't believe there aren't any other people in that photo!

Unknown said...

Wow, great post work on this one!

Patti H said...

perfect shot! Love the colours!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful lines and color. I like this one a lot!

Unknown said...

I absolutely LOVE the processing on this - so cool!